Last Updated on March 22, 2023 by admin
Buy Ricovir Em Online
About Ricovir Em
Emtricitabine (200mg) + Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (300mg)
Ricovir EM Tablet belongs to a group of medicines called antiretrovirals. It is used to treat HIV (human immunodeficiency virus), the virus that can cause AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency syndrome). It helps to control HIV infection so your immune system can work better.
Ricovir EM Tablet is not a cure for HIV/AIDS and only helps to decrease the amount of HIV in your body. This helps to lower your risk of getting HIV-related complications and improves your lifespan. It may also be used to prevent HIV infection in some people at high risk. It may be prescribed alone or in combination with other HIV medicines. Your doctor will recommend the best medicines for you and will decide the doses that you need. Follow carefully the instructions for all the medicines that you are given. This medicine is best taken with food. Taking these medicines regularly at the right time greatly increases their effectiveness and reduces the chances of HIV becoming resistant to them. It is important not to miss doses and to keep taking them until your doctor tells you it is safe to stop.
Common side effects of this medicine include nausea, diarrhea, headache, trouble sleeping, rash, and dizziness. These are usually not serious but inform your doctor if they bother you or do not go away. It can also increase the risk of bone loss (osteoporosis) if you take it for a long time. Exercise regularly and take calcium and vitamin D supplements as suggested by your doctor. Some people put on weight while taking medicines to treat HIV/AIDS.
Before taking it, let your doctor know if you have any liver or kidney disease or bone problems. While using it, you may need regular blood tests to check your blood counts, liver function, and kidney function. Since this medicine may cause dizziness or sleepiness, do not drive if you experience these symptoms. Pregnant or breastfeeding women should consult their doctor before using this medicine. Do not have unprotected sex or share personal items like razors or toothbrushes if you are HIV positive. Talk to your doctor about safe ways like condoms to prevent HIV transmission during sex.
USES OF RICOVIR EM TABLET
- HIV infection
BENEFITS OF RICOVIR EM TABLET
- In HIV infection
Ricovir EM Tablet prevents the HIV virus from multiplying in your body. It helps control the infection and makes your immune system work better. This lowers your chances of getting complications such as new infections and improves your quality of life.
It is not a cure of HIV or AIDS and should not be used to prevent HIV after accidental exposure to a risk. It is important that you take this medicine as prescribed, following the dosage recommended by your doctor. Taking all doses in the right amount at the right times greatly increases the effectiveness of your combination of medicines and reduces the chances of your HIV infection becoming resistant to antiretroviral medicines. However, taking this medicine will not prevent you from passing HIV to other people.
SIDE EFFECTS OF RICOVIR EM TABLET
Most side effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as your body adjusts to the medicine. Consult your doctor if they persist or if you’re worried about them
Common side effects of Ricovir EM
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
- Allergic reaction
- Abnormal dreams
- Decreased phosphate level in blood
- Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils)
- Increased triglyceride level in blood
- Abdominal pain
- Weight loss
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Increased transaminase level in blood
- Increased glucose level in blood
- Elevated levels of serum amylase
- Increased lipase in the blood
- Elevated creatinine kinase
HOW TO USE RICOVIR EM TABLET
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Ricovir EM Tablet is to be taken with food.
HOW RICOVIR EM TABLET WORKS
Ricovir EM Tablet is a combination of two anti-HIV medicines: Emtricitabine and Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate. They prevent HIV (virus) from multiplying, thereby reducing the amount of virus in your body. They also increase the CD4 cell (white blood cells that protect against infection) count in your blood.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Ricovir EM Tablet. Please consult your doctor.
SAFE IF PRESCRIBED
Ricovir EM Tablet is generally considered safe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effects to the developing baby; however, there are limited human studies.
SAFE IF PRESCRIBED
Ricovir EM Tablet is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby.
Ricovir EM Tablet may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Ricovir EM Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Ricovir EM Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
SAFE IF PRESCRIBED
Ricovir EM Tablet is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Ricovir 300mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
Ricovir em Tablet is not recommended for use in children and adolescents below 18 years.
Ricovir em Tablet Habit Forming : NO
WHAT IF YOU FORGET TO TAKE RICOVIR EM TABLET?
If you miss a dose of Ricovir EM Tablet, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
- You have been prescribed Ricovir EM Tablet for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection.
- In combination with other medicines, it is used for the treatment of HIV infections.
- Take it with food, as this increases the absorption of the medicine into the body.
- Ricovir EM Tablet may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- You may still develop infections or other illnesses associated with viral infection while taking this medication.
- You can also pass on HIV or HBV to others. Don’t share needles or personal items that can have blood or body fluids on them.
- During treatment and for at least six months after stopping this medicine, regular blood tests are needed to monitor your liver function, level of hepatitis B virus and blood cells in your blood.
FOOD AND DRINK
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet. Eat vitamin and nutrient-rich food such as dark-green, yellow, orange, and red vegetables and fruit as it helps to boost your immune system. Option for lean protein and whole grains.
- Avoid eating raw meat and eggs. Consume properly boiled and cooked meat, poultry, or seafood.
- Eat bland and low-fat foods and avoid spicy or oily foods if you experience nausea or vomiting.
- Try to reduce emotional and physical stress by spending time with family or whatever makes you happy.
- Drink more fluids and avoid alcoholic beverages to prevent dehydration.
Wash your hands properly before and after eating.
- Make sure you sleep at least 8 hours a day.
There are no reviews yet.