Last Updated on November 23, 2023 by admin
Tafmune EM Tablet Buy HivHub
Tafmune EM 25mg Tablet is a combination of antiretroviral medicines that are prescribed to treat HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) infection. It boosts the immunity to fight against HIV to manage or treat AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency syndrome).
Tafmune EM 25mg Tablet restricts the growth of HIV in the body and reduces the risk of getting HIV-related complications to improve the lifespan of an individual. The medicine can be taken with or without food and taking it regularly at the same time each day increases its effectiveness. A dose of this medicine should not be missed as doing so can affect your recovery. It is important to complete the full course of the treatment until your doctor advises you to stop. Sudden discontinuation of the treatment may affect the potency of the medicine.
The most common side effects of this medicine are nausea and diarrhea. They generally resolve after some time but if they persist or become serious, inform your doctor. This medicine can also make you feel lazy or weak, therefore, it is advised to avoid driving. Drinking plenty of fluid can help you cope with the side effects, hence stay hydrated.
Before starting the treatment with Tafmune EM 25mg Tablet, consult your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have any health condition. They may suggest regular blood tests to check your blood counts, kidney and liver functions, and other health conditions.
USES OF TAFMUNE EM TABLET
- Treatment of HIV infection
BENEFITS OF TAFMUNE EM TABLET
- In Treatment of HIV infection
Tafmune EM 25mg Tablet prevents HIV from multiplying in the body. It helps control the infection and makes the immune system work better. This lowers the chances of complications, such as new infections, and improves the quality of life. This medicine is always taken in combination with other antiretroviral medicines.
It is not a cure for HIV infection or AIDS and should not be used to prevent the infection after accidental exposure to risk. It is important to take this medicine as prescribed by the doctor. Taking all doses in the right amount at the right times greatly increases the effectiveness of this combination and reduces the chances of HIV infection becoming resistant to antiretroviral medicines. Taking this medicine does not prevent the passing of HIV to other people.
SIDE EFFECTS OF TAFMUNE EM TABLET
Most side effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as your body adjusts to the medicine. Consult your doctor if they persist or if you’re worried about them
Common side effects of Tafmune EM
HOW TO USE TAFMUNE EM TABLET
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Tafmune EM 25mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
HOW TAFMUNE EM TABLET WORKS
Tafmune EM 25mg Tablet is a combination of two medicines, emtricitabine and tenofovir alafenamide. They belong to a class of medications called nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs). Emtricitabine interrupts the virus life cycle by inhibiting a crucial enzyme called HIV-1 reverse transcriptase. Tenofovir alafenamide is converted to tenofovir diphosphate which gets incorporated into viral DNA, resulting in the inhibition of HIV replication.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Tafmune EM 25mg Tablet. Please consult your doctor.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
Information regarding the use of Tafmune EM 25mg Tablet during pregnancy is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Tafmune EM 25mg Tablet is unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
It is not known whether Tafmune EM 25mg Tablet alters the ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react.
Tafmune EM 25mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.
SAFE IF PRESCRIBED
Tafmune EM 25mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Tafmune EM 25mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
Tafmune EM Tablet is not recommended for use in children and adolescents below 18 years.
Tafmune EM Tablet Habit Forming : NO
Before taking TAFMUNE EM TABLET, inform your doctor if you:
- Have a flu-like illness
- Were earlier infected with HIV
If you or anyone else accidentally takes too much of TAFMUNE EM TABLET, consult your doctor immediately or visit the nearby hospital.
WHAT IF YOU FORGET TO TAKE TAFMUNE EM TABLET?
If you miss a dose of Tafmune EM 25mg Tablet, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
- Tafmune EM 25mg Tablet may weaken your bones. Exercise regularly and take calcium and vitamin D supplements as suggested by your doctor.
- Although treatment with Tafmune EM 25mg Tablet can reduce the risk of you passing HIV to others through sexual contact, it does not stop it. Therefore, it is important to use condoms.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you develop any infection soon after taking Tafmune EM 25mg Tablet.
- Your doctor may prescribe you blood tests to check for hepatitis B virus infection before the start of the treatment with Tafmune EM 25mg Tablet.
- Increase your fluid intake and take a healthy diet during your treatment with Tafmune EM 25mg Tablet.
- Avoid sharing personal belongings like razors or toothbrushes with your family members.
- It is common for people with HIV to feel low or even depressed, especially soon after the diagnosis has been made. If you have any feelings of depression it is advisable to speak with your doctor.
Drug : Tenofovir alafenamide and Emtricitabine
Pharmacological Category : Nucleotide Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitor (NtRTI),Nucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitor (NRTI)
Therapeutic Indication : HIV infection
Dosage Forms : Tablet
FOOD AND DRINK
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet. Eat vitamin and nutrient-rich food such as dark-green, yellow, orange, and red vegetables and fruit as it helps to boost your immune system. Option for lean protein and whole grains.
- Avoid eating raw meat and eggs. Consume properly boiled and cooked meat, poultry, or seafood.
- Eat bland and low-fat foods and avoid spicy or oily foods if you experience nausea or vomiting.
- Try to reduce emotional and physical stress by spending time with family or whatever makes you happy.
- Drink more fluids and avoid alcoholic beverages to prevent dehydration.
Wash your hands properly before and after eating.
- Make sure you sleep at least 8 hours a day.