Last Updated on January 8, 2024 by admin
Lenangio 25 INTRODUCTION
Lenangio 25 Capsule belongs to a group of medicines that affect how your immune system works. It is used in the treatment of multiple myeloma and myelodysplastic syndrome.
Lenangio 25 Capsule can be taken with or without food, but try to have it at the same time every day to get the most benefits. Your doctor will decide what dose is necessary and how often you need to take it. This will depend on what you are being treated for and may change from time to time. You should take it exactly as your doctor has advised. Taking it in the wrong way or taking too much can cause very serious side effects. It may take several weeks or months for you to see or feel the benefits but do not stop taking it unless your doctor tells you to.
Some common side effects of this medicine include headache, weakness, nausea, rash, and dizziness amongst others. This medicine may reduce the number of blood cells (decrease red blood and white blood cells) in your blood, thereby, increasing the susceptibility to infections or bleeding. Hence, take caution while performing the activity that might increase your chances of bleeding or avoid contact with people suffering from an infection such as a cold. Regular blood tests are required to check your blood cells while on treatment.
Many other medicines can affect, or be affected by, this medicine so let your healthcare team know all medications you are using. This medicine is not recommended during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. The use of effective contraception by both males and females during treatment is important to avoid pregnancy. You are advised to drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated while taking this medicine.
BENEFITS OF LENANGIO 25
- In Treatment of Multiple myeloma
- In Treatment of Myelodysplastic syndrome
Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS) are a group of rare blood disorders characterized by abnormal development of blood cells in the bone marrow. In MDS, the bone marrow fails to produce enough healthy and fully matured blood cells, leading to low blood cell counts, which can result in anemia, infections, and bleeding problems.
Lenangio 25 Capsule is used to treat certain types of MDS, specifically those associated with a specific part of the chromosomes in the blood cells. It works by helping the immune system make more healthy blood cells in the bone marrow. Lenangio 25 Capsule helps improve the production of red blood cells, reducing the need for frequent blood transfusions and making them feel better. It is important to check-up and monitor regularly to make sure it is safe and effective.
SIDE EFFECTS OF LENANGIO 25
Common side effects of Lenangio 25
- Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils)
- Joint pain
- Low blood platelets
- Peripheral edema
- Back pain
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Decreased appetite
- Nasopharyngitis (inflammation of the throat and nasal passages)
HOW TO USE LENANGIO 25
HOW LENANGIO 25 WORKS
You may feel dizzy, tired, sleepy, have vertigo or blurred vision after taking Lenangio 25 Capsule and this may affect your ability to drive.
LENANGIO 25 CAPSULE is not recommended for use in children and adolescents below 18 years.
WHAT IF YOU FORGET TO TAKE LENANGIO 25?
- You may be monitored with regular blood tests before and during the treatment as lenalidomide may cause a fall in the white blood cells and platelets, required to fight infection, Hemoglobin and blood clotting.
- Avoid activities that may cause bruising or injury and avoid contact with people who have colds or infections.
- It makes your skin sensitive towards sunlight. Apply sunscreen or wear protective while going out.
- It may cause dehydration. Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated while taking medication.
- It is not recommended for use in children and adolescents under 18 years.
- You should use proper contraceptive methods at least 4 weeks before, during and until 4 weeks after stopping treatment.
- Woman of childbearing potential will be required to undergo pregnancy tests before and after the treatment.
- You should inform your doctor or dentist that you are taking Lenangio 25 Capsule before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- It may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- You may be at risk of developing acute myelogenous leukemia, fatal liver problems, severe skin reactions, and fatal heart problems during treatment with Lenangio 25 Capsule. You should discuss in advance the benefits and risks of taking this medicine.
1. H.G. Watson, J.I.O. Craig, L.M. Manson, Blood disease, Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine, 22nd Edition, 2014, 989-1056.
2. Bristol-Myers Squibb Pharma EEIG, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Nov 2020] [Accessed on 23 Nov 2022], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.10046.pdf
3. Celgene Corporation, US Food & Drug Administration, [Revised on Jun 2013] [Accessed on 23 Nov 2022], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2013/021880s034lbl.pdf