Last Updated on April 22, 2023 by admin
Efavir 600 Tablet
About Efavir 600 Tablet
Efavir 600 Tablet belongs to a group of medicines called antiretrovirals. It is used to treat HIV (human immunodeficiency virus), the virus that can cause AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency syndrome). It helps to control HIV infection so your immune system can work better.
Efavir 600 Tablet reduces the chances of getting HIV-related complications and improves your lifespan. It can be taken empty stomach or with food and is prescribed in combination with other HIV medicines. Taking all these medicines regularly at the right times greatly increases their effectiveness and reduces the chances of HIV becoming resistant to them. It is important to keep taking them regularly until your doctor tells you it is safe to stop.
Common side effects of this medicine include headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, fatigue, diarrhea, and rash. These are usually not serious but tell your doctor if they bother you or do not go away. Consult your doctor urgently if you experience a skin reaction or liver damage.
Before taking it, tell your doctor if you have any skin, liver, or kidney problems. While using it, you may need regular blood tests to check your blood cell counts and liver function. Avoid drinking alcohol as it may increase your risk of liver damage. Pregnant or breastfeeding mothers should consult their doctor before using this medicine. Do not have unprotected sex or share personal items like razors or toothbrushes, if you are HIV positive. Talk to your doctor about safe ways like condoms to prevent HIV transmission during sex.
USES OF EFAVIR TABLET
- Treatment of HIV infection
BENEFITS OF EFAVIR TABLET
- In Treatment of HIV infection
Efavir 600 Tablet decreases the amount of HIV in the body. It helps control the infection and makes the immune system work better. This ensures a long and healthy life. This drug is usually given in combination with other medicines. Avoid skipping doses and follow the doctor’s instructions carefully to get maximum benefits.
SIDE EFFECTS OF EFAVIR TABLET
Most side effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as your body adjusts to the medicine. Consult your doctor if they persist or if you’re worried about them
Common side effects of Efavir
- Increased liver enzymes
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
- Abnormal dreams
- Difficulty in paying attention
- Abdominal pain
HOW TO USE EFAVIR TABLET
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Efavir 600 Tablet is to be taken empty stomach.
HOW EFAVIR TABLET WORKS
Efavir 600 Tablet prevents the multiplication of HIV virus in human cells, thereby stopping the HIV virus from producing new viruses.
Caution is advised when consuming alcohol with Efavir 600 Tablet. Please consult your doctor.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
Efavir 600 Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe it in some life-threatening situations if the benefits are more than the potential risks. Please consult your doctor.
SAFE IF PRESCRIBED
Efavir 600 Tablet is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby.
Efavir 600 Tablet may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
SAFE IF PRESCRIBED
Efavir 600 Tablet is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Efavir 600 Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
Efavir 600 Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Efavir 600 Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Use of Efavir 600 Tablet is not recommended in patients with moderate and severe liver disease.
Efavir 600 Tablet is not recommended for use in children and adolescents below 18 years.
Efavir 600 Tablet Habit Forming : NO
- Efavir 600 Tablet is used in combination with other medicines for the treatment of HIV (human immunodeficiency virus).
- Take it on an empty stomach, preferably at bedtime to reduce side effects.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- You can also pass on HIV or HBV to others. Don’t share needles or personal items that can have blood or body fluids on them.
- Your doctor may check your liver function regularly. Inform your doctor if you notice yellowing of eyes or skin, dark urine, or stomach pain.
- You might experience dizziness or abnormal dreams during initial days of treatment. Consult with a doctor if it bothers you or does not go away.
- Use a reliable method of contraception to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine.
FAQs ABOUT EFAVIR 600MG TABLET
What is EFAVIR 600MG TABLET used for?
EFAVIR 600MG TABLET is used with other antiretroviral medicines to treat HIV (Human immunodeficiency virus) infection in adults and children (aged 3 months and above).
What are the common side effects of taking EFAVIR 600MG TABLET?
The most common side effects of taking EFAVIR 600MG TABLET are skin rash, abnormal dreams, dizziness, headache, drowsiness, nausea, and/or vomiting. Consult your doctor if any of these symptoms worsen.
How EFAVIR 600MG TABLET works?
EFAVIR 600MG TABLET works by binding directly to the viral reverse transcriptase enzyme (substance used by HIV to make duplicate copies) which results in inhibition of it synthesis thus stopping the virus from producing new copies of virus in affected individuals.
How EFAVIR 600MG TABLET should be taken?
Take EFAVIR 600MG TABLET as advised by your physician. Swallow the medicines with a glass of water. Do not crush or chew the medicine. Your physician will decide the correct dose and duration for you depending upon your age, body weight and disease condition.
Can EFAVIR 600MG TABLET be used in pregnant women?
No, EFAVIR 600MG TABLET is generally not recommended for use during pregnancy and in women planning for pregnancy since the medicine may cause harm to the unborn baby. Women of childbearing potential should effective contraceptive barriers while in treatment with EFAVIR 600MG TABLET to prevent accidental pregnancy which is also advised to be continued for next 12 months after stopping treatment with the medicine. Consult your doctor before taking EFAVIR 600MG TABLET.
- KD. Tripathi. Antiviral drugs. Essentials of medical pharmacology. Seventh edition. 2013. Page – 809.
- Jessica Yee; Charles V. Preuss. Efavirenz. NIH National Library of Medicine. National Center for Biotechnology Information. StatPeals [Internet]. NIH National Library of Medicine. National Center for Biotechnology Information. September 2022. [Accessed on 14th December 2022] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK542316/
- Milpharm Limited. Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC). [Revised in July 2022] [Accessed on 14th December 2022] https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.7070.pdf
- Cipla Limited. EFAVIR Capsules/Tablets. [Revised in April 2019] [Accessed on 14th December 2022] https://www.ciplamed.com/content/efavir-capsulestablets
Substitutes for Efcure 600 Tablet
thank you sir good price