Last Updated on April 23, 2023 by admin
Buy Lamistar 30mg Tablet
Lamivudine (150mg) + Stavudine (30mg)
Store below 30°C
Lamistar 30 mg Tablet is a combination of two antiretrovirals. It is prescribed to treat HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) infection. It boosts up the immunity to fight against HIV to manage or treat AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency syndrome).
Lamistar 30 mg Tablet restricts the growth of HIV in the body and reduces the risk of getting HIV-related complications to improve the lifespan of an individual. The medicine should be taken in an empty stomach for better efficacy. Taking these medicines regularly at the same time increases their effectiveness. A dose of this medicine should not be missed as it can affect your recovery. It is important to complete the full course of the treatment until your doctor advises you to stop it.
The most common side effects of this medicine are nausea, headache, tiredness, diarrhea, dryness of mouth, etc. These side effects are generally temporary, but if they persist or become serious inform your doctor.
Before starting with the treatment, you should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or have any health condition. Your doctor may suggest regular laboratory tests to check your blood counts and other bodily functions. If you are HIV positive, you should not breastfeed or share personal belongings like razors or toothbrushes. Consult your doctor to know about safe sex methods to prevent transmission of HIV during intercourse.
USES OF LAMISTAR TABLET
- HIV infection
BENEFITS OF LAMISTAR TABLET
- In HIV infection
Lamistar 30 mg Tablet prevents the HIV virus from multiplying in your body. It helps control the infection and makes your immune system work better. This lowers your chances of getting complications such as new infections and improves your quality of life.
It is not a cure of HIV or AIDS and should not be used to prevent HIV after accidental exposure to a risk. It is important that you take this medicine as prescribed, following the dosage recommended by your doctor. Taking all doses in the right amount at the right times greatly increases the effectiveness of your combination of medicines and reduces the chances of your HIV infection becoming resistant to antiretroviral medicines. However, taking this medicine will not prevent you from passing HIV to other people.
SIDE EFFECTS OF LAMISTAR TABLET
Most side effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as your body adjusts to the medicine. Consult your doctor if they persist or if you’re worried about them
Common side effects of Lamistar
- Peripheral neuropathy (tingling and numbness of feet and hand)
HOW TO USE LAMISTAR TABLET
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Lamistar 30 mg Tablet is to be taken empty stomach.
HOW LAMISTAR TABLET WORKS
Lamistar 30 mg Tablet is a combination of two anti-HIV medicines: Lamivudine and Stavudine. They prevent HIV (virus) from multiplying, thereby reducing the amount of virus in your body. They also increase the CD4 cell (white blood cells that protect against infection) count in your blood.
Caution is advised when consuming alcohol with Lamistar 30 mg Tablet. Please consult your doctor.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
Lamistar 30 mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developing baby. Your doctor will weigh the benefits and any potential risks before prescribing it to you. Please consult your doctor.
SAFE IF PRESCRIBED
Lamistar 30 mg Tablet is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby.
Lamistar 30 mg Tablet may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Lamistar 30 mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Lamistar 30 mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
SAFE IF PRESCRIBED
Lamistar 30 mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Lamistar 30 mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
Inform your doctor if you develop any signs and symptoms of jaundice while taking Lamistar 30 mg Tablet. You may need to stop taking this medicine.
Lamistar 30 Tablet is not recommended for use in children and adolescents below 18 years.
Lamistar 30 Tablet Habit Forming : NO
WHAT IF YOU FORGET TO TAKE LAMISTAR TABLET?
If you miss a dose of Lamistar 30 mg Tablet, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
- Lamistar 30 mg Tablet is a combination of two medicines which slows down or stops the progression of HIV infections.
- It may also be used for preventing HIV and should be started within 72 hours of exposure to HIV.
- Take it with food, as this increases the absorption of the medicine into the body.
- Lamistar 30 mg Tablet may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Skipping doses increases the risk of treatment failure. Make sure that you take all your doses at the correct time.
- Always practice safe sex while taking Lamistar 30 mg Tablet. Do not share needles or personal items that can have blood or body fluids on them.
- It may cause weakening of your bones. Exercise regularly and take calcium and vitamin D supplements as suggested by your doctor.
FOOD AND DRINK
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet. Eat vitamin and nutrient-rich food such as dark-green, yellow, orange, and red vegetables and fruit as it helps to boost your immune system. Option for lean protein and whole grains.
- Avoid eating raw meat and eggs. Consume properly boiled and cooked meat, poultry, or seafood.
- Eat bland and low-fat foods and avoid spicy or oily foods if you experience nausea or vomiting.
- Try to reduce emotional and physical stress by spending time with family or whatever makes you happy.
- Drink more fluids and avoid alcoholic beverages to prevent dehydration.
Wash your hands properly before and after eating.
- Make sure you sleep at least 8 hours a day.