Last Updated on June 11, 2023 by admin
- Used to treat chronic Hepatitis-B infection
HOW ENTEHEP 0.5MG TABLET WORKS
ENTEHEP 0.5MG TABLET prevents the multiplication of virus in human cells. This stops the virus from producing new viruses and clears up the infection.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Take ENTEHEP 0.5MG TABLET as advised by your physician. Swallow the medicine with a glass of water. Your doctor will decide the correct dose and duration for you depending upon your age, body weight and disease condition.
SIDE EFFECTS OF ENTEHEP 0.5MG TABLET
- Inability to sleep
- Extreme tiredness
- Raised blood levels of liver enzymes
- Low levels of a type of white blood cells needed in fighting infection (in children and adolescents)
- Hair loss
- Severe allergic reaction
HOW TO MANAGE SIDE EFFECTS
Nausea or Vomiting:Take this medicine with, or just after meals. Stick to simple meals. Avoid eating oily or spicy food. Get adequate rest. Drink lots of fluids, especially water. Have small sips if you feel sick. Do not take any medicine without asking your doctor.Headache:Drink ample amount of water. Get adequate rest. Try to be relaxed and stress free. Ask your doctor before taking any medicine for headache.Dizziness:Lie down until dizziness is gone, then get up slowly. Move slowly and carefully, do not hurry. Get adequate rest. Drink plenty of water and other fluids. Avoid coffee, cigarettes, alcohol.Diarrhoea:Drink lots of fluids, such as water or fruit juice to keep yourself hydrated. Do not consume any medicine on your own without consulting your doctor.
ENTEHEP 0.5MG TABLET is not recommended for use during pregnancy unless specifically directed by your doctor. It is important that women of childbearing age being treated with ENTEHEP 0.5MG TABLET use an effective method of contraception to avoid becoming pregnant.
ENTEHEP 0.5MG TABLET is not recommended during breastfeeding, as it is not known if this medicine passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor for advice.
DRIVING AND USING MACHINES
Do not drive or operate any machines if you feel dizzy, tired, or sleepy after taking ENTEHEP 0.5MG TABLET.
ENTEHEP 0.5MG TABLET should be taken with caution in patients with kidney problems. Consult your doctor before taking it.
ENTEHEP 0.5MG TABLET should be taken with caution in patients with impaired liver function. Consult your doctor before taking it.
Do not take ENTEHEP 0.5MG TABLET if you are allergic to Entecavir or any other ingredients of this medicine.
Before taking ENTEHEP 0.5MG TABLET, inform your doctor if you:
- Have HIV infection
- Have lactic acidosis
- Previously took treatment for HBV infection
Use in pediatrics:ENTEHEP 0.5MG TABLET is not recommended for use in children (under 2 years of age). Consult your doctor before taking it.
A. Drug-Drug interactions:
Before taking ENTEHEP 0.5MG TABLET, inform your doctor if you have taken, or might take any other medicine, including prescription, non-prescription or any herbal medicine.
If you or anyone else accidentally takes too much of ENTEHEP 0.5MG TABLET, consult your doctor immediately or visit the nearby hospital.
|Pharmacological Category||:||Nucleoside analogue|
|Therapeutic Indication||:||Treats Chronic Hepatitis B infection|
- Keep ENTEHEP 0.5MG TABLET out of reach of children
- Do not store above 30°C
FAQs ABOUT ENTEHEP 0.5MG TABLET
Q: Is ENTEHEP 0.5MG TABLET safe in pregnancy?
A: It has not been demonstrated if ENTEHEP 0.5MG TABLET is safe to use during pregnancy, so inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant. It is important that women of childbearing age being treated with ENTEHEP 0.5MG TABLET should use an effective method of contraception to avoid becoming pregnant.
Q: Can ENTEHEP 0.5MG TABLET cause diarrhea?
A: Yes. Diarrhea is a common side effect of ENTEHEP 0.5MG TABLET. Drink lots of fluids, such as water or fruit juice to keep yourself hydrated. Do not consume any medicine on your own without consulting your doctor. If you experience persistent diarrhea, consult your doctor.
Q: What if I forget to take a dose of ENTEHEP 0.5MG TABLET?
A: If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember and then continue your treatment as usual. Do not take the medicine twice to make up for the forgotten dose. It is important to take ENTEHEP 0.5MG TABLET regularly, because if you take it at irregular intervals, you may be more likely to have a hypersensitivity reaction.
Q: Can I stop taking ENTEHEP 0.5MG TABLET?
A: Do not stop taking ENTEHEP 0.5MG TABLET without consulting your doctor. Some people may get very serious symptoms of hepatitis when they stop taking this medicine. Inform your doctor immediately if you experience any changes in symptoms after stopping this treatment. Even after your treatment with ENTEHEP 0.5MG TABLET is stopped, your doctor will continue to monitor you and take blood tests.
Q: Can ENTEHEP 0.5MG TABLET cause any serious side effects?
A: ENTEHEP 0.5MG TABLET can cause rare but serious side effects like lactic acidosis (excess of lactic acid in your blood) and enlargement of the liver, that might occasionally be fatal. Symptoms such as nausea, vomiting and stomach pain might indicate the development of lactic acidosis. It occurs more often in overweight women. Your doctor will monitor you regularly while you are receiving treatment with this medicine.
Q: what is the entehep 0.5 mg price in india?
A: Its MRP is already reduced but you can get it very cheaply @980 with long expiry on hivhub.in
- G. Wells, Joseph T. DiPiro, Terry L. Shwinghammer, Cecily V. DiPiro. Hepatitis, viral. Pharmacotherapy Handbook. Ninth edition. Page- 214.
- Medis International. A.S. Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC). [Revised in December 2020] [Accessed on 7th May 2022] https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.9874.pdf
- Entecavir. Drugbank. [Accessed on 7th May 2022] https://go.drugbank.com/drugs/DB00442
FOOD AND DRINK
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet. Eat vitamin and nutrient-rich food such as dark-green, yellow, orange, and red vegetables and fruit as it helps to boost your immune system. Option for lean protein and whole grains.
- Avoid eating raw meat and eggs. Consume properly boiled and cooked meat, poultry, or seafood.
- Eat bland and low-fat foods and avoid spicy or oily foods if you experience nausea or vomiting.
- Try to reduce emotional and physical stress by spending time with family or whatever makes you happy.
- Drink more fluids and avoid alcoholic beverages to prevent dehydration.
- Wash your hands properly before and after eating.
- Make sure you sleep at least 8 hours a day.